Adoptables & Foster Program
The HSMC is a licensed rescue with the State of Illinois, utilizing foster homes for its Adoptables until ‘furever’ homes are found. During the 2014-2015 licensing year, the HSMC rescued from the McDonough County Animal Shelter and found forever homes for 12 dogs and 81 cats. At this time four dogs and seven cats are in foster care!
The foster home is a vital step in saving lives. The foster parents provide an invaluable service in socializing the animals and allowing potential adopters to see the cat or dog in a home environment with or without children and other animals.
- Potential foster parents are screened and approved as a foster home for the HSMC.
- The cat or dog is pulled from the shelter by a HSMC authorized person and goes to the foster home. We then arrange appointments for the animal to be spayed/neutered (if not already) and to have its shots.
- The HSMC continues to promote the animal for adoption on social media, posters, our website, and petfinder.com.
- The foster home is NOT responsible for any medical needs. The HSMC covers the costs of all medical needs.
- The foster home provides love and socialization for the animal, thereby making them more “adoptable”.
Foster parents are available to talk with potential adopters about the cat or dog in which they are interested and for visits in the home setting or at an otherwise arranged location.
If you are interested in adopting or fostering an HSMC Adoptable, please contact Pat Stewart by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org